Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Today Brianna and I were playing Barbies. I was Prince Eric and she was Liz and their three-year-old daughter Sarah. It was just a few days after their wedding and they were still on their honeymoon (yeah--don't even try to figure that one out.). She said, "Okay, now, where should they be--Dallas? or Claude? or where?" I just shook my head and said, "Not Claude. How about Paris?" She said, "Okay--Paris is a pretty nice place." So I started by walking Prince Eric into the room and saying ,"During my morning walk, I picked up some great-looking donuts (baguettes will have to wait till I feel up to explaining them.) and fresh fruit for our morning snack." "Oh--nice. Thanks, " says Liz. Then she continues, "Well, as you know, our afternoon routine is to go to the dollar store--the princess dollar store, of course. Yesterday I found a crib and a high chair for Sarah there." :)
As we passed a Dollar General earlier today, our friend Barbara said, "Oh--that's my kind of store." Brianna quickly said, "Oh, we like Dollar Trees better because everything in them actually is one dollar." Right now, Brianna's favorite stores are Dollar Tree, Half-Price Books, and --coming in at number one--the Garland Thrift store. I will be so sad if the day comes when she turns up her nose at the idea of shopping at this kind of store.

1 Comments:

Blogger pickleandcake said...

Don't worry. Not only is it good economic sense, it's quite hip in certain bohemian cool cat circles to buy all your clothes at thrift stores (or make them!) and Half Price is like, bastion of cool. One of the coolest girls at my high school dressed that way (and most of my friends now! and me). Thrift is in! Vintage, you know. :) I'm sure Brianna can work it :).

8/01/2005 06:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home