Thursday, November 06, 2003

This morning while Brianna was getting dressed, she called out, "Who can help me put my socks on?" I called back, "I will! I will!" When I went into her room and knelt down to start pulling her socks on, she said, "Thanks for volunteering!" :)
Last night, I went in to hug her goodnight, and when my fingers went under the edge of her two pillows, I felt something strange. I said, "What is that?" and pulled out her jump rope with the sparkly ends. She said, "It's my jump rope that Pat gave me. Not Miss Pat my teacher, Aunt Pat--granny's Pat who lives in Dallas." I said, "Yes, I remember who gave it to you. What I'm not clear about is why it is under your pillow. Remember that we need to keep it put away in your drawer so that the kitties don't eat the shiny streamers and get sick," I said as I put it into her drawer. "Well," she said, "I was just going to surprise the tooth fairy."
Anyway, Brianna is going to take a vacation. She is going to spend about a week in Albuquerque with Paul's families and then about a week in Amarillo with my parents. They'll bring her home as they come to our house for Thanksgiving. So she will be out of school for 3 weeks, but I will only have to give her up for 2 weeks, which still seems unbearably long to me! SO last night, she said, "Now wait a minute, do I only get to spend one day at Granny and Paga's house?" I explained that she would spend one day at Granny and Paga's house before Grandpa D picked her up to take her to Albuquerque for a week, but then she would come back to Granny and Paga's for another week. Then I said, "Wow! That sounds like a very big trip. Are you sure you're up to all that?" With a huge grin spread across her little face, she said, "Yes! I'm sure!" I said, "Do you promise to remember how much I love you the whole time you're gone?" She said, "Yes, Mommy, No matter where I am or what I am doing, I'll always remember how much you love me--because you love me INFINITY!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home