Monday, November 03, 2003

Brianna is not happy at preschool anymore. SIgh. I know part of it is that she has been sick and is still just a little too tired to keep up the pace all day. But I think the real problem is that her class isn't learning things that are new to her. Because her birthday is in late September, she didn't start kindergarten this year. Okay, that's fine. I know how healthy it will be for her to be for her to be one of the oldest in her class and I know about not rushing childhood and all that stuff. But right now it seems like we have taken a bright child and held her back a year. Some of the kids in her class are just turning four.
I have considered the fact that if I do lose my job, it might be a good thing in that I could stay home with Brianna, and we could definitely learn something new every day for this one last stretch before she does start kindergarten. But I think she would quickly get tired of having only me around for so much of the time. And I love my job because I love my students!
I know I need to do something, but right now I guess I can only pray for wisdom about what it is that I need to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home