Friday, December 09, 2005

Brianna and I were just doing this money adding worksheet. I was saying something like, "There is 1 quarter," and she would tell me to write down 25. When I said, "There are 4 dimes," I expected her to tell me to write down 4 tens, but she immediately said, "40." I said, "Wow! That was fast! How did you know that." She said, "Well, you know last year we counted by tens," and proceeded to start counting by tens. I said, "But you told me what to write much faster than you can count by tens to 40." She said, "Hmm. I guess I just knew that." I said, "I think what you were doing was multiplying. Did you know that you can multiply?" She said no, so I said, "What's ten times 3?; what's ten times 6?;" etc. She nailed them all, and then said, "Well, I guess I've been multiplying my whole life!" I love it when learning feels that way!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... care for some eggs to go with all that SPAM?

In her studies, be sure to warn Brianna about how unwanted solicitors can multiply on a blog.

:)

12/15/2006 09:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home