Monday, July 07, 2003

We went to Dallas's Shakespeare-in-the-Park last Thursday. The combination of people who ended up meeting us there was the coolest part. Our little family, six of my students and two of their friends, two of my colleagues and their families, a med student from our church, and a teenager from our church. Interesting. The play was "The Taming of the Shrew," one of my favorites. But the director had interpreted both females a really childish, and it was difficult to put up with them even at a distance. Brianna was more than ready to leave by intermission, and Paul and I really didn't mind. I kind of doubt that I will try the Dallas Shakespeare in the Park again. I have been spoiled. I have too many really perfect memories of Shakespeare in Central Park. This felt about like somebody saying (to a Coke-aholic like me), "Well, we don't have any Coke, but here's a store-brand, caffeine-free, diet cola." I'd just rather do without.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home